Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Catching Up, Its been a while!

It's been a long time.

We haven't been very good about keeping up on our blog. We have decided to undertake a few projects this past summer. We refinished a bench seat that we received when we got married. It had a flower patterned fabric on it and we really didn't like it so we decided to fix it. We also sanded down a nightstand and attempted to stain it. It turned out okay for our first attempt. Over the Summer we really didn't do much. We worked and Lisa had a few classes. Lisa is still working at the Providence Inn coordinating weddings and working the front desk. She is also working for a company called ULA, Ultra Light Adventure Equipment. She helps sew and assemble high end ultralight backpacks that are mostly used on the Appalachian Trail back east. I continued to work at the Waterlab over the summer. I spent a majority of the Summer out in a field that was irrigated with treated wastewater (Yummy!) and also out sampling the Bear River and Cutler Reservoir. I also worked with handicapped adults at North Eastern Services. Lisa passed her Anatomy class over the Summer and I passed my Fundamentals of Engineering Exam. Lisa has also been making a lot of jam. A lot lot lot lot of jam and I love it. We have Strawberry, Peach, Raspberry, and Peach-Raspberry Jam. They are all amazing.

School has once again started back up. This is our final year of school. Graduation is so close and yet so far. Lisa wants to become a personal trainer once she graduates. She is very very excited to almost be done with school. Once I graduate in Environmental Engineering I will immediately start into grad school. I am not quite sure where I will end up going but I will quickly start filling out applications and going through all the motions. We moved to a new apartment in May. It is a nice 2 bedroom apartment in Providence. For those who don't know where that is, it immediately South of Logan. We are ten minutes away from campus. We love our new place and are very happy here.

Other than that we are same old same old. Once we get out of school we might have interesting lives.

Our Project!
My Aunt gave us this bench seat when we got married. We finally got around to recovering it.


Our Bedroom!
We wanted to make the bench seat match the bed.

We also bought a Wii. That was mainly for my enjoyment but it has been nice to watch movies on with Netflix.

2 comments:

  1. It's about freakin time! I'm excited we will be moving closer to you guys. We will have to hang out lots!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your comforter-super cute! Hooray for wii! Now we can play wii online!

    ReplyDelete